This blog is about my life and my struggles with infertility and recurrent miscarriage. If you dont want to hear me whine about my struggles then you probably shouldnt read it

Thursday, January 6, 2011

I wanna kill someone!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So finally yesterday was CD1. I started spotting on Tuesday and tried to get ahold of my RE to find out when to bring him my injections to mix. The office told me he was on call and they would give him the message when he was back in the office on Friday (he was going to be in another office Wednesday and Thursday) I was a little irritated, I mean last time I started my injections on CD2. Friday would be CD3 or 4. So yesterday I called the other office and left a message.

I received a call back from the Medical Assistant. Informing me that my doctor would no longer be treating me. He didnt have the time to monitor me and recommended I see another RE like at UC Davis or something. Nice HUH?? On Monday I called him to get Provera to induce my period, he had the MA call and tell me to start it and to call to drop off my injections and schedule my US when I started my period. I never took the Provera because I started spotting. Then 2 days later he says he doesnt want to treat me.

So now I am on CD2 with $1300 in injections in my cabinet and no doctor to do my treatments. I spent weeks arguing and appealing my insurance to cover part of my IUIs and ultrasounds. Now those authorizations are invalid, they cant be transferred to another doctor. I have to get new authorizations for everything.

The asshole doctor didnt even have the balls to call me himself. I know he doesnt want to treat me because I question him too much, I am very knowledgable in medicine and infertility. He didnt like that. On top of that now that I am not a fully self paying patient, they arent going to make much money off of me.

I wish he would have told me this after my first cycle, instead of telling me to order injections and get ready for the next cycle. Or even better tell me at the consultation I had 4 months ago that he didnt have the time to do my treatments. Instead he wasted 4 months of my time and thousands of dollars for nothing. I could have already seen another doctor and been pregnant by now.

I am beyond angry and frustrated. This process is emotional and stressful enough, now I have a stupid doctor that did nothing but waste my money, lead me on and cause me more stress and frustration.

3 comments:

  1. What a moron! How dare he just drop you like that! Is there anyone higher up than him that you can complain to? I hope you hear some good news soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could sue him for patient abandonment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok sorry I haven't been on in awhile. Update on the asshole dr.......I called and demanded to speak with the doctor who owns the practice. To get to her I was told I had to speak with the office manager. Which I did. The office manager said she would pass my complaint on. The following day I received a call from the office manager stating that the doctor who owns the practice is too busy to call me back but she did receive my complaint. Whatever.

    I did file a complaint with the California Medical Board. Stating patient abandonment and professional negligence. Disciplinary actions by the board are confidential so I won't really know if they do anything to him or not.

    As far as legal action. I'm waiting to see what my new dr has planned. If he will use up my meds I will likely cut my ties with the asshole doctor and just move on. I usually don't back down easily but this whole process is stressful enough especially with having to arrange my work schedule, driving the long drive to appointments. I really don't want to add the stress of a legal battle. If I am not able to use my injections then I will be filing a small claims case for the cost of all my injections, including the ones I used for the 1 cycle that was done. I hate to let this go, but I really don't want anymore stress and anxiety than I already have.

    ReplyDelete